Your Day In Court
The BC Chapter is presenting a full day seminar at the Surrey Law Courts with the assistance of the Justice Education Society. This is an opportunity for you to participate in the actual day to day proceedings during your day at court. You will obtain and receive instruction on the preparation of documents, court procedures including pertinent information and expectations during a court appearance on behalf of your business.
- Welcome and Orientation by the Justice Educational Program Co-coordinator, Lali Pawa
- Presentation by Small Claims staff on the Small Claims Process, Documentation and Procedures.
- You will have an opportunity to do some actual court watching of civil and fraud trials in session.
- Attend a session in court room with the Judge on court etiquette and procedures in a Court of Law.
- Gain insight, and suggestions on what to expect & do when you attend court
- On – Line Small Claims Procedures
- Presentation by a Civil Law Lawyer – Questions and answers
- Presentation by Sheriff/Bailiff with regards to serving of documents on the debtor
Location: Surrey Law Courts - 14340-57th Ave Surrey BC (604-760-5727) - #10 Hwy & King Geo. Blvd. area)
Transportation: Bus or Vehicle (Parking is available @ no charge underneath the court house)
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 8:45 AM – 3:30 PM
Cost: Members $125.00 Non-Members $145.00 Students $85.00
Menu: Assortment of sandwiches, fruit, juice and squares
If you have SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS, please advise accordingly.
Receipts will be provided at the door. (GST registration # 105201115RT0002)