The Hamilton & District Chapter was formed in June 1963 with it's charter being signed March 1967. This Chapter serves Hamilton, Niagara Peninsula, Brantford and Burlington areas.
Through the years, there have been many changes in all facets of life; socially, politically and economically. The aim of the Hamilton & District Chapter from 1963 to present has been to promote education, assist and encourage students, assist graduates to fulfill with honor and distinction their place in the business world and to provide a venue of social and intellectual activities for the benefits of the membership and students.
Through our monthly dinner meetings, we have seen and heard such speakers as Knowlton Nash, Sheila Copps and Al Brenner of the Hamilton TiCats.
Socially, we have attended such functions as Liberace Night, Day at the Races, Murder Mystery Nights, Stagewest, Diva Impersonators and of course, the traditional February Social Night. We have participated in a friendly rivalry with London and Conestoga Chapters with a Tri Chapter Golf tournament.
The Hamilton and District Chapter has also achieved some special points in our short history:
- Winning the Quaker Oats Trophy 2 years in a row 1975-76, 1976-1977 s well as winners in 2006-07.
- For his initiating the founding of the Hamilton & District Chapter, the Frank J. McCafferty memorial fund was set up in his honor in Feb. 1975.
- WH (Bill) Norman was elected to President & Dean of the Credit Institute of Canada in Oct. 1977.
- Heather Wilson unveiled the new CIC Professional Development Program in Nov. 1999.
- A special presentation was made to Art Adams thanking him and the Credit Bureau of Southern Ontario for the ongoing support in Nov. 2001.
So many people have contributed to the success of the Hamilton & District Chapter over the years in volunteering their time in providing leadership to the membership and students none more than the Presidents of Hamilton & District Chapter.