Comments, questions or complaints regarding privacy within the Credit Institute of Canada are to be sent to our National Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Privacy Officer, Credit Institute of Canada, 211 - 3 Concorde Gate, North York, Ontario, M3C 3N7, marked "personal and confidential".
You may provide us with personal information when you complete forms or contact us via telephone, mail, fax, e-mail or any other means. Once the Credit Institute of Canada receives information from you the information is maintained in a secure environment.
The Credit Institute of Canada complies with the following principles of Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act:
- Principle 1: Accountability. We responsibly maintain and protect the information we have about you.
- Principle 2: Identifying Purposes. The purpose for which your information is being collected will be explained to you either before or when it is collected.
- Principle 3: Consent. We will obtain your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your information. This will be done by providing you with a Privacy Protection Notice when you provide personal information to the Credit Institute.
- Principle 4: Limiting Collection. We will limit the information we collect to what is needed for those purposes the Credit Institute has identified.
- Principle 5: Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. We will use and disclose your information only for the purposes we have identified, or when it is required or permitted by law.
- Principle 6: Accuracy. We strive to keep your information as accurate, complete and up to date as posible.
- Principle 7: Safeguards. We protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. Our employees and service providers only have access to your information for the identified purposes and access is permitted only to the extent necessary for such purposes. In addition, we have taken several measures to protect your information, such as restricting physical access to our offices and using computer passwords and file encryption for on-line activities.
- Principle 8: Openness. Upon your request, we will provide you with specific details about our information handling policies and procedures. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Principle 9: Access. We will give you access to the information we have about you. You may check the accuracy of your information and amend it as appropriate. Accuracy is important to us. Please inform us of any errors in our information about you as soon as you are aware of them so that we may immediately correct our records. If the accuracy of information is in dispute, we will note it in our records.
- Principle 10: Challenging Our Compliance. We will investigate and respond to your concerns about any aspect of our handling of your information.
Personal information is used for the purpose to which it is collected for a period of time to which it's purpose is required.
The Credit Institute of Canada's web site contains links to other sites. The Credit Institute of Canada is not responsible for the privacy policies on other sites, nor does the Credit Institute of Canada endorse the content of other sites.
Personal and non-personal information may be collected on our web site through use of browser cookies. A browser cookie is data which is transferred to your computer for record keeping purposes. A cookie is used to enhance your viewing experience of our site. For example, cookies identify repeat users and their preferred settings. Consult your browser documentation to learn how you can modify your browser settings.
New students, members and renewing members will be asked for consent to the use of personal information as required.
The Credit Institute of Canada publishes a National Membership Roster for members to use for networking purposes. The on-line membership roster is password protected to provide access to members only. A disclaimer on this page intended to prevent misuse of the membership roster states "This Credit Institute of Canada membership roster is for the personal use of members of the Credit Institute of Canada only. Any solicitation of individuals or companies listed herein or reproductions of this booklet, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited." If a business address and contact information is provided to the Credit Institute, this information is listed on the membership roster. In the event business contact information is not provided but a home address, phone, fax and email have been provided, or if a home address, phone and email address is given as the primary contact information, the home address, phone, fax and email will be published on the membership roster.
Members can view and update their own information listed on the roster by changing the primary contact information through the Credit Institute website's member renewal section. Members can request that they not be included in the membership roster by writing to the National Membership Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by fax at (416) 572-2619 or by mail to Membership Coordinator, Credit Institute of Canada, 211 - 3 Concorde Gate, North York, Ontario, M3C 3N7.
Chapters may also publish a chapter membership roster. Please contact your Chapter Membership Coordinator to verify information, to request changes or to opt out of inclusion in the roster. The Chapter Membership Coordinator information may be obtained through the National Membership Coordinator at the address provided above.
For complaint recourse direct written correspondence to the Privacy Commissioner at 112 Kent Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1H3