How do I fulfill my requirements?
Members can earn professional development points by completing approved activities. It does not have to be specifically credit related, as long as it can be shown to assist them in their personal career development. Activities are broken down into categories to help you manage your points.
The Credit Institute of Canada (CIC) offers high-quality training, events, webinars, courses, and conferences to help you grow in your profession. Visit the events page to find an event near you at a local chapter or online.
Please see the PD program guide for approved activities. Some activities will indicate associated PD points; lookout for the PD points graphic.
- Complete an activity from the PD program categories.
- Keep a record or documentation of the activities you have completed.
- Submit your points before the end of your cycle.
Please review the following table for an outline of how cycles work for maintaining the CCP designation. A cycle is the period of time a Member has to earn 100 PD points. If 100 PD points are earned, the cycle will roll over to the following 3 year period starting from January 1st to December 31st.
|January 1, 2016
|December 31, 2018
|PDP Approved by CIC
|PDP Cycle (continued)
|January 1, 2019
|December 31, 2021
What if I earn more than the required amount?
You still have the liberty to register for a webinar, complete a short module or participate in any of the activities highlighted in the PD program guide. A maximum of 30 points can be carried over to your next 3 year cycle starting January 1st. These points will be automatically assigned to your professional development when you are rolled over into your new cycle.
The following features are offered for circumstances that would exempt Members from having to report their Professional Development Points:
- Any Member who has become unemployed for a minimum of 3 months would be offered a one calendar year extension to reach their target of 100 points. Once they have regained employment they would commence reporting their points.
- Any Member who has taken a leave of absence for a minimum of 3 months would be offered a one calendar year extension. Once they have returned to work they would commence reporting their points.
- Any Member who has reached a combined total of age and experience totaling 90 years would be exempt from reporting their points.
Have a question or need to make a correction?
If you have any questions about the PD program or need to make a correction to your PD records, do not hesitate to contact the Membership Coordinator at email@example.com