The CCIEF Scholarship Program
The purpose of the CCIEF Scholarship program is to provide financial support to students in pursuit of the CCP (Certified Credit Professional) designation. There are a total of four Scholarships, valued up to $2000 CAD each, available each calendar year, awarded by region*. Scholarships may be applied across several courses over a period of one calendar year from date of award. Scholarship funds are applied directly to the course of studies selected by the successful applicant and directed to the Credit Institute.
*Four Scholarships are awarded, one per region** as follows: Western (West of ON), Central (ON, PQ ), Maritimes and one scholarship to the Commercial Credit Administration program (Canada wide).
**CCIEF reserves the right to distribute Scholarships regardless of student geographic location or region. If a successful candidate is not found in one region that Scholarship may be distributed in another region. Scholarships are distributed at the sole discretion of the CCIEF committee.
Applications will be considered once the following eligibility requirements are met:
- There is a financial need for the scholarship
- Applicant's employer does not reimburse tuition/course costs
- Applicant has at least two years of experience in the credit/financial field with aspirations for continued growth
- Applicant must be committed to completing all courses to obtain the CCP designation or the Commercial Credit Administration Certificate
- Applicants must join and become involved in their local Credit Institute chapter
- Applicant must provide a letter of reference
- Applicant must be a Canadian residents and eligible to work in Canada
- Applicant must provide Social Insurance Number for Tax purposes if Scholarship is awarded
- Application forms are completed in their entirety and postmarked by the application deadline